instagram envelope_alt facebook twitter search youtube_play whatsapp remove external_link loop2 arrow-down2

Woman ‘deliberately’ rammed in ‘road-rage’ crush

A WOMAN was left with life-changing injuries after being crushed between two cars during a ‘road-rage’ incident in London.

The woman, in her mid-40s, is believed to have been in another car when she got into an argument with a Range Rover Evoque driver near Hyde Park Corner.

When the woman got out of her vehicle, the Evoque driver is reportedly believed to have driven straight at her, trapping her against a black Mercedes minicab on the other side of the road.

Footage posted to social media showed the woman’s legs trapped between the vehicles at the notoriously busy junction.

The car also collided with the bus, though there were no reports of any injuries among the passengers.

Metropolitan Police said a 23-year-old driver had been Tasered following the collision on Sunday evening and was arrested at the scene on suspicion of affray. He has subsequently been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and driving while disqualified, the force said.

Tourist Deepak Anand, 40, from Vancouver, Canada, was on a bus with his wife and son and witnessed the incident.

He said he saw a man trying to pull a driver out of a Range Rover, which then ‘accelerated on to oncoming traffic’ before lodging the woman between the car and a black Mercedes.

Mr Anand, a company owner, said police officers arrived shortly afterwards and Tasered the driver as he attempted to get away.

Trapped: The woman was stuck between two cars as onlookers tried to free her PICTURES: PA

The woman could be heard screaming and fell to the ground after the cars were separated, onlookers claimed.

Police said she had been taken to a central London hospital for treatment and had suffered potentially life-changing but not life-threatening injuries.

The Met added that a second man subsequently complained of feeling unwell and had been taken to hospital.

Mr Anand said his son had been shaken by the incident, adding: ‘I’m not sure that we’d choose to visit London as a matter of priority in the future given the safety concerns, particularly with our son.’