THE family of Caroline Flack have released an unpublished Instagram post they say she had penned before her death.
In it, the TV star, 40, wrote her ‘whole world and future was swept from under my feet’ following her arrest for an alleged assault against boyfriend Lewis Burton.
The Love Island host denied claims she had assaulted the 27-year-old in December and was due to stand trial next month.
Her message read: ‘I have always taken responsibility for what happened that night. Even on the night.
‘I am not a domestic abuser. We had an argument and an accident happened.’
She also wrote: ‘I’ve been having some sort of emotional breakdown for a very long time,’ and said pictures from the alleged crime scene, sold to a newspaper, had featured her own blood.
‘That was something very sad and very personal,’ she added. ‘I’ve lost my job. My home. My ability to speak. The truth has been taken out of my hands and used as entertainment.’
She ended by saying: ‘I’m so sorry to my family for what I have brought upon them and for what my friends have had to go through. ‘I’m not thinking, “How am I going to get my career back?” I’m thinking about how to get mine and my family’s life back.’
Yesterday, an inquest into the TV star’s death was opened at Poplar coroner’s court, in east London. She was discovered dead at her home on Saturday afternoon, and the court heard she was found hanged.
No relatives were present at the hearing and the inquest was adjourned by assistant coroner Sarah Bourke until August 5.
Her mum, Chris, later said Flack had been advised not to share the post online, but added family ‘want people to read it’.
‘So many untruths were out there. This is how she felt,’ she added. ‘Carrie was surrounded by love and friends but this was just too much for her.’
Meanwhile, ex-tennis player Mr Burton — who Flack had been ordered to avoid contact with ahead of the trial — posted a new photo of the pair online, and captioned it with a broken heart emoji.