ONE in seven parents admits they made a terrible mistake with the name they chose for their child — and the rich and famous are partly to blame.
And 28 per cent even told their child they regret choosing their name, with one in ten saying their youngsters tell them they don’t like it themselves.
It also emerged one in two parents would be put off a name if a celebrity chose it, with half saying their wouldn’t choose Bear, the name picked by Cheryl and Liam Payne for their son. Harper, the name of Victoria and David Beckham’s daughter, was second least popular followed by Kai — the name of footballer Wayne Rooney’s eldest son.
The top reason for disliking the names was that they became too common, finds the poll of 2,000 parents by ChannelMum.com. Someone with the same name who becomes famous also led to parents rueing their choice.
Baby names expert SJ Strum said: ‘There are an ever-growing list of names, but this also means more opportunities to choose a name which you, or your child, then learn to loathe.’
Celebrity Disconnections… top 20 no-nos
1. Bear (Cheryl and Liam Payne)
2. Harper (David and Victoria Beckham)
3. Kai (Wayne and Coleen Rooney)
4. Shiloh (Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie)
5. Harvey (Katie Price)
6. Teddy (Robbie Williams and Ayda Field)
7. Mason (Kourtney Kardashian)
8. Parker (Mario from Towie)
9. Nelly (Billie Faiers)
10. Penelope (Kourtney Kardashian)
11. Eric (Simon Cowell)
12. Luna (John Legend and Chrissy Teigen)
13. Willow (Pink)
14. Cooper (Danny Jones, McFly)
15. Miles (John Legend and Chrissy Teigen)
16. Louis (Prince William and Kate Middleton)
17. Arthur (Billie Faiers)
18. George (Prince William and Kate Middleton)
19. Mia (Zara and Mike Tindall)
20. Charlotte (Prince William and Kate Middleton)