instagram envelope_alt facebook twitter search youtube_play whatsapp remove external_link loop2 arrow-down2

Stab victim Mylee’s father misses court after hospital dash

Charged: William Billingham and Mylee (below)

THE father of eight-year-old stabbing victim Mylee Billingham yesterday failed to appear in court after being taken to hospital.

William Billingham had been due to appear before magistrates in Wolverhampton after being charged on Saturday with Mylee’s murder and making threats to kill her mother.

A brief hearing before two magistrates was told the 54-year-old, of Brownhills, near Walsall, had been admitted to an unnamed hospital at about 5am. His solicitor, Paul Selby, told the court Billingham may be fit enough to attend court today.

Prosecutor Kelly Crowe said the case was set to be re-listed at either Walsall or Dudley magistrates’ court in the next few days. She added: ‘I can confirm that Mr Billingham will not be present in court today.

‘He is still at the hospital at the moment, being treated or looking to be treated very shortly.’

Mylee was pronounced dead in hospital after being found with knife wounds at her father’s bungalow on January 20.

He was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham for surgery to injuries caused on the same evening.

The charges against him allege that he murdered Mylee and made threats to kill Tracey Taundry on January 20.