A SECOND man has died at the Hollywood home of a Democrats’ donor.
Police were called to Ed Buck’s apartment on Monday after reports that a man was not breathing. The cause of death has yet to be determined.
Mr Buck’s lawyer Seymour Amster said his client was cooperating with investigators. ‘From what I know, it was an old friend who died of an accidental overdose and, unfortunately, we believe that the substance was ingested at some place other than the apartment,’ he said.
In July 2017, Gemmel Moore, 26, died of a methamphetamine overdose at Mr Buck’s home. He was found naked on a mattress in the living room.
At the time, Mr Amster said the pair were friends but Mr Buck, 64, had nothing to do with his death.
Critics questioned if Mr Buck’s wealth, race or political ties meant he did not face any charges. Mr Buck, who is gay, has given thousands of dollars to Democrat candidates in California.
LGBT groups have called for a full investigation into the latest death.