PRET A MANGER said full ingredient labelling will appear on its products after a teenager died from an allergic reaction to one of its sandwiches.
The chain revealed labels listing all ingredients — including allergens — will be introduced next month to food made in its kitchens.
Natasha Ednan-Laperouse (pictured), 15, from Fulham, south-west London, collapsed on board a flight to Nice in July 2016.
She had eaten a Pret baguette containing sesame — which she was allergic to — and died of anaphylaxis.
Environment secretary Michael Gove said he had instructed civil servants to investigate a law change that could force all firms to list ingredients, after Natasha’s father Nadim called for action.
Pret chief executive Clive Schlee said: ‘I said we would learn from this tragedy. I hope these measures drive change in the industry so people with allergies are as protected and informed as possible.
‘Nothing is more important to Pret right now.’