A QUICK-THINKING mum used the Heimlich manoeuvre to save the life of a French bulldog with a fondness for chewing on furniture.
Louise Davies — who had just completed a first aid course — sprang into action when her 21-year-old daughter Jessica’s pooch, Angus, started making retching noises and swaying.
The church administrator, 48, said: ‘I knew straight away that Angus must be choking — it was horrifying to see. I picked him up from behind and pulled into his belly.
‘Nothing happened the first time so I had to do it again, and this time he started breathing.’
Ms Davies, from Congleton, Cheshire, is not sure what got stuck in the dog’s throat — but suspects it was part of the sofa. The family are currently on their fourth couch, as ‘cheeky’ Angus, three, has a habit of eating them.