Test your knowledge of recent events…
1. The NHS celebrated which anniversary on Sunday?
2. Which rapper has suggested he plans to run for US president?
3. Bridget Jones creator Helen Fielding has denied she based the Mark Darcy character on which politician?
4. Which Hollywood actor told a High Court judge his drug use started ‘at a very young age’ when he took one of his mother’s ‘nerve pills’?
5. What main course was served to EU chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier during a dinner at Downing Street?
6. Which English city was due to host the Conservative Party conference which will now be a largely virtual event in October?
7. How much is the government offering to pay businesses per furloughed employee they bring back to work as part of the Jobs Retention Bonus?
8. What type of vehicle was used in a protest by farmers outside parliament ahead of the Agriculture Bill’s return to the Lords?
9. Which Oscar-winning US actor, who survived coronavirus, said he had ‘no respect’ for people refusing to wear face coverings?
10. The BBC has announced the end of the free TV licence for over-75s, with means-testing starting on August 1. How much is the licence?
11. Which former Glastonbury headliner helped decorate a boy’s bedroom as a reward for his good behaviour in class?
12. The chancellor is offering half-price meals to diners eating out on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays during August, up to a maximum of how much per head?
And those all important answers…
1. 72 years
2. Kanye West
3. Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer
4. Johnny Depp
5. A fillet of halibut
9. Tom Hanks