Test your knowledge of recent events…
1. Rebecca Long-Bailey has been sacked from Labour’s shadow cabinet after sharing an article containing an allegedly anti-Semitic conspiracy theory. Which position did she hold?
2. The UK had its hottest day of the year yesterday — how high did temperatures rise?
3. A letter ‘written’ by which fictional bear has sold for more than double its estimated price at auction?
4. Which council declared a major incident and pleaded with people to stay away after thousands of sun seekers flocked to beaches?
5. According to data released by the Office for National Statistics, what is the estimated population of the UK?
6. Which airline announced plans to cut more than 100 pilot jobs?
7. Which US actor, 66, revealed he has secretly wed his 27-year-old partner, Laura Savoie?
8. Which rugby union side has caused a stir by securing the signing of 22-year-old Harry Potter?
9. What mainstay of the government’s coronavirus response has been axed from Wednesday?
10. Which tennis player has tested positive for coronavirus in the wake of a tournament he helped organise in Serbia and Croatia?
11. What is Hollywood actor and comedian Steve Martin auctioning off for charity?
12. Which British airport will host a drive-in cinema as part of an international film festival?
And those all important answers…
1. Shadow education secretary
2. The mercury rose to 33.3C (91.94F) at Heathrow Airport
3. Winnie the Pooh — the letter penned by illustrator EH Shepard sold for £15,000
4. Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council
7. Dennis Quaid
8. Leicester Tigers
9. Daily press conferences
10. Novak Djokovic
11. A white three-piece suit
12. Edinburgh Airport