Test your knowledge of recent events…
1. Which English local authority area has the highest proportion of residents on the Government’s coronavirus job retention scheme?
2. What has the Queen just taken part in for the first time as part of her public royal duties?
3. A Worthing Borough Council bin has washed up 450 miles away after vandals cast it off the end of the town’s pier. Name the country where it was found.
4. Name the comedian who caused a storm during a radio interview by defending the use of blackface in comedy and using a racist term on air.
5. Which fast food chain has announced a trial reopening of 11 service station outlets to walk-in customers for takeaway orders?
6. Which former politician suggested ‘digital IDs’ will be needed to restart the travel industry so people can show their ‘disease status’?
7. An album featuring teachings and mantras from which religious figure will be released on July 6?
8. Businessman Sir Malcolm Walker has spent £115million to take control of which British supermarket — which he also founded in 1970?
9. Campaigners have renewed calls for whose statue to be removed from Oxford University’s Oriel College?
10. Which classic 1939 Oscar-winning film has been temporarily removed from the HBO Max streaming platform following criticism of its ‘racist depictions’?
11. What was the name of the playhouse — thought to be London’s earliest — archaeologists believe may have been uncovered at a building site in Whitechapel?
12. Which royal has just celebrated their 99th birthday?