Test your knowledge of recent events…
1. Which company announced plans to cut 9,000 jobs after a fall in demand caused by the coronavirus pandemic?
2. What human gesture can goats understand, according to a study by an international team of scientists led by the University of Roehampton?
3. Which channel could be returning to terrestrial TV after it went online-only in February 2016?
4. Which 80s pop act are releasing a memoir called Really Saying Something, telling the ‘classic story of the highs and lows of fame’?
5. US president Donald Trump said he was taking the drug hydroxycholoroquine to ward off coronavirus, drawing condemnation from scientists. Which conditions is the drug usually used to treat?
6. Which airline said it had suffered a cyber attack in which hackers accessed the travel details of around 9million passengers?
7. How will the Prince of Wales be showing off his love of classical music next week?
8. BBC weather presenter Carol Kirkwood has thanked police, ambulance and hospital staff who helped her after an accident involving what?
9. Who is the richest person in the UK, according to The Sunday Times Rich List?
10. Which song was voted the greatest Eurovision Song Contest entry by viewers of the BBC’s replacement coverage of the cancelled event?
11. Chicks from which species have hatched in the wild in the UK for the first time in centuries?
12. Which writer was criticised for travelling more than 11,000 miles from New Zealand to his house in Skye, in breach of Scotland’s lockdown rules?
And those all important answers…
5. Rheumatoid arthritis and malaria
7. By presenting a two-hour Classic FM show
8. She was knocked off her bike by a car
9. Inventor Sir James Dyson
10. Abba’s Waterloo, which won in 1974
11. White storks
12. Good Omens author Neil Gaiman