Test your knowledge of recent events…
1. A gold tuxedo worn to the Golden Globes this year has sold for AUS$40,000 (£21,000) in aid of the relief effort for the Australian wildfires. Who wore it?
2. How much could the HS2 high-speed rail project end up costing, according to a leaked review?
3. Which 139-year-old department store chain collapsed into administration after failing to find a buyer?
4. Which Labour MP pulled out of the leadership contest after saying the party needed a candidate who could unite all parts of the movement?
5. Network Rail is being investigated over its poor performance on routes used by which two train operators?
6. A skirt, bodice and bloomers which fetched more than £16,000 at auction were owned by which royal?
7. Who did the Prince of Wales describe as ‘remarkable’ after meeting her at the World Economic Forum in Davos?
8. Lisa Nandy received the backing of which former Labour leadership rival as she made it onto the final ballot paper?
9. What is the key to a perfect cup of coffee, according to scientists at the University of Portsmouth?
10. In which city is China’s coronavirus thought to have originated?
11. Which actor, producer and director is to be honoured for an outstanding contribution to cinema, at the British Academy Film Awards next month?
12. According to the British Geological Survey, what magnitude was the earthquake which hit Stockton-on-Tees?
And those all important answers…
1. Phoebe Waller-Bridge
4. Jess Phillips
5. Northern and TransPennine Express
6. Queen Victoria
7. Greta Thunberg
8. Jess Phillips
9. Fewer beans, ground more coarsely
11. Andy Serkis