Test your knowledge of recent events…
1. Stephen Cottrell will succeed John Sentamu as Archbishop of York next June. What is his current title?
2. Which major UK airport will become the first to offer compostable bags for passengers carrying liquids through security?
3. Which pop star came to the rescue of a driver being pushed sideways by a Royal Mail lorry down one of London’s busiest roads?
4. What part did Henry Cavill say was ‘exactly the reason’ he became an actor?
5. Which Labour MP became the first candidate to announce they are running to replace Jeremy Corbyn as leader of the party?
6. What is the name of Britain’s highest-paid boss, who pocketed a £57million basic pay rise last year?
7. Which hospital believes it is the first in the UK to introduce disposable sterile headscarves for surgical staff to use in operating theatres?
8. Which programme was the most complained-about TV show of the decade, according to broadcasting watchdog Ofcom?
9. Which world leader described the reasons for impeaching US president Donald Trump as ‘far-fetched’?
10. Comedian Griff Rhys Jones received an OBE yesterday. Who was his comedy partner of three decades until his death in 2013?
11. Which former MP who lost his Richmond Park seat in the General Election will be made a life peer, allowing him to stay in the Cabinet?
12. An exhibition is opening at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles dedicated to which late British singer?
And those all important answers…
1. Bishop of Chelmsford
3. Ellie Goulding
4. Geralt of Rivia in The Witcher
5. Emily Thornberry
6. Denise Coates, chief executive of Bet365
7. Royal Derby Hospital
8. Celebrity Big Brother
9. Vladimir Putin
10. Mel Smith
11. Zac Goldsmith
12. Amy Winehouse