instagram envelope_alt facebook twitter search youtube_play whatsapp remove external_link loop2 arrow-down2

Mum and two kids killed in house fire

takes a selfie
with her
husband and
eight, and
Harvey, five

A MOTHER and two children have died after a fire at their house.

Justine Collison, 33, died along with her daughter Isabella, eight, in the early morning blaze on Saturday, while the death in hospital of her son Harvey, five, was announced yesterday.

Mrs Collison’s husband Gavin, 34, was in a serious condition in hospital last night, while her mum Diane Fletcher, 53, was led to safety and treated at the scene of the fire in Collingham, Nottinghamshire.

Tragic: Gavin Collison, who was in a serious condition last night, with his son and daughter

Ch Insp Rich Stapleford said: ‘Our thoughts are with the victims, their families, friends and the community of Collingham at this difficult time.’

Family friend Wayne Walker, 39, told Lincolnshire Live: ‘They were a lovely couple — bubbly, outgoing and good parents. We became friends with them when we moved up here. We have known them for a year and a half. We have been to parties at their house.

‘They were really lovely people. When it’s across the road and it’s your friends and their kids, it’s a big shock.’

Another friend, Hannah Giles Knopp, 27, said: ‘It’s just a shock.

‘Lovely couple’: Justine with Investigation: Aerial view of the house yesterday her husband Gavin

‘We were supposed to be having a party on Saturday night and they were coming. It’s the worst possible thing to happen. I last had a text message from her the night before the fire. What can you say? It’s devastating.’

All Saints’ church in Collingham — a village near the Lincolnshire border — is to be kept open every day from 10am to 4pm so people can go there to pray for the family and remember them.

Investigation: Aerial view of the house yesterday

A post on the East Trent Churches Facebook page said: ‘Please call in if you would like some quiet space or to pray a prayer or leave a message of condolence following the house fire.’

The cause of the devastating blaze had not yet been determined last night but firefighters and police had launched a joint investigation.