instagram envelope_alt facebook twitter search youtube_play whatsapp remove external_link loop2 arrow-down2

Hunt for man who ‘sprinted away’ after car mowed down and killed 3 teenagers

Fleeing the scene: CCTV image of the man detectives want to speak to

VIDEO images have been released of a man wanted for questioning after a car ploughed into a bus stop, killing three teenagers.

Captured on CCTV, he is one of at least two men in a black Audi that mounted a kerb and struck a group of young people on Friday night.

Pals: Harry Rice, George Wilkinson and Josh Kennedy were killed PICTURES: FACEBOOK/PIXEL8000

Harry Rice, George Wilkinson and Josh Kennedy died at the scene in Hayes, west London. Flowers and tributes have been left for the boys — two aged 16 and one 17.

Police said: ‘The vehicle involved is believed to have been travelling at high speed and came to a stop a short distance away from the collision.’

A 28-year-old man was held by members of the public and has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. But a second man thought to have been travelling in the Audi fled the scene on foot.

Smashed up: The black Audi car after it mounted kerb and struck the boys as they stood at bus stop PICTURES: PA

Witnesses standing outside a neighbouring Premier Inn told reporters they saw a man clutching a bag and sprinting down the road moments after the crash.

Det Sgt Michael Rapp of the Metropolitan Police said: ‘I am convinced that anyone who knows this male will recognise him. I urge anyone who can identify him or provide details of his whereabouts to contact my team. Such tragic circumstances must far outweigh any taboo around assisting police.’

The boys were heading to a birthday party at a football club with friends when they were hit at around 8.40pm close to an Esso garage in Shepiston Lane near junction 4 of the M4.

Tragedy: People pay respects in west London beside tributes to the boys

Harry was a promising footballer who had signed with semi-professional side Farnborough Town FC. He left the club a few weeks ago. Academy manager Marc Wardley said he was ‘a really nice lad who got on with things’.

One message left at the scene said: ‘I thought I would never have to write this but I will always love and miss you millions.’

A man, 34, was arrested last night on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, after handing himself in at a north London police station.