THE Duke and Duchess of Sussex have reportedly told the Queen they will not spend son Archie’s first Christmas with her and the rest of the royal family.
The couple (pictured) are taking a six-week break during which they are expected to fly to the US to join Meghan’s mum Doria for Thanksgiving on November 28.
It had been thought they would return for Christmas but Harry is said to have told the Queen, 93, that they will not be joining her and Prince Philip, 98, at Sandringham and will stay in America. The Queen is said to be supportive of their plans.
Royal watchers fear their decision could worsen tensions between them and the rest of the family. Author Phil Dampier said: ‘It is very telling and worrying.’ Royal biographer Ingrid Seward said: ‘The Queen might be a little hurt but she’s far too gracious to ever let it show.’