instagram envelope_alt facebook twitter search youtube_play whatsapp remove external_link loop2 arrow-down2

England star Harry Maguire’s £63,000 booze session ahead of bar fight

Freed: Maguire leaving court PICTURE: GETTY

ENGLAND football star Harry Maguire enjoyed a ‘five-hour drinking session’ which racked up a rumoured £63,000 bar bill ahead of his alleged attack on a policeman, reports claim.

The Manchester United captain, who was on the Greek island of Mykonos, has been accused of punching the officer in a brawl which erupted after he was told his sister Daisy had been stabbed in the arm, it was alleged.

Despite his arrest, Maguire was expected to fly home by private jet yesterday.

He allegedly lashed out after mistaking plain-clothed police officers for a gang that had been targeting him and his friends.

‘Stabbed’: The footballer’s sister Daisy

Legal experts in Greece claimed that, if the defender was convicted of the alleged assault on Thursday night, he could avoid three years in jail by paying daily fees potentially totalling £90,000 — less than half his estimated £190,000 weekly wage.

The 27-year-old is also believed to have been charged with attempting to bribe an officer, although sources claim he and his friends were only trying to find out how much they could be fined.

Witnesses told The Sun that two days before the incident Maguire’s entourage, which included Chelsea player Ross Barkley, Love Island star Chris Hughes and snooker player Judd Trump, spent thousands of pounds on seafood, steak and champagne.

Their bill at the SantAnna beach bar included an £18,000 bottle of Dom Perignon, a £17,000 bottle of Armand de Brignac champagne and £750 on several bottles of Jack Daniel’s.

It is also claimed they ordered £1,200 worth of lobster and seven ribeye steaks at £820.

Maguire spent two nights in a cell on the neighbouring island of Syros before being told on Saturday he was free to return to the UK and could be represented by an attorney at a hearing tomorrow.

The specific charges he faces were not clear, but he was released after pleading not guilty. He did not comment after leaving court.