instagram envelope_alt facebook twitter search youtube_play whatsapp remove external_link loop2 arrow-down2

Dame Joan Collins treated for smoke inhalation after blaze at flat

DAME Joan Collins has revealed she needed treatment for smoke inhalation after a ‘terrifying’ blaze broke out at her London home.

The actress, 85, praised fire crews, the NHS, Metropolitan Police and her ‘hero’ husband Percy Gibson, 54, for helping to extinguish the fire at her flat in Belgravia, on Saturday.

She tweeted that film producer Gibson had ‘doused the flames consuming the entire wall with handheld extinguisher’.

‘Thank U from the bottom of my heart to the marvellous @LondonFire who attended the terrifying fire in our flat,’ she wrote.

‘And thanks also to @NHSEngland-LDN ambulance crew who took care of our smoke inhalation and comforted me. And to the wonderful @MetPolice who kept the street closed and everyone safe.’

London Fire Brigade said a crew were called at about 4.30pm and the fire was under control by 17.35.

‘Part of a flat on the first floor of the seven-storey building was damaged by the fire. Two people left the property before the brigade arrived,’ said a spokeswoman.