instagram envelope_alt facebook twitter search youtube_play whatsapp remove external_link loop2 arrow-down2

Christopher Nolan’s Tenet delayed again

CHRISTOPHER NOLAN’S highly anticipated blockbuster Tenet has suffered another release date delay due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The film, which had already been pushed back from July 17 to July 31, will now launch on August 12, Warner Bros said.

Tenet’s latest delay is a blow to the cinema industry, which is relying on the film to entice viewers back to the theatre following lockdown. Cinemas are able to reopen in England from July 4.

Warner Bros said in a statement: ‘Warner Bros is committed to bringing Tenet to audiences in theatres, on the big screen, when exhibitors are ready and public health officials say it’s time.

“In this moment what we need to be is flexible, and we are not treating this as a traditional movie release. We are choosing to open the movie mid-week to allow audiences to discover the film in their own time, and we plan to play longer, over an extended play period far beyond the norm, to develop a very different yet successful release strategy.’

Nolan’s latest film may not be the only major release to suffer another delay. Reports in the US suggest Disney’s Mulan will also be pushed back.

Tenet’s plot remains largely under wraps. Set in the world of international espionage, it is expected to be one of the biggest films of the year and boasts a star-studded cast including John David Washington, Robert Pattinson and Nolan regular Sir Michael Caine.