instagram envelope_alt facebook twitter search youtube_play whatsapp remove external_link loop2 arrow-down2

Chase teens held as gun cop smashes car window

Gunpoint: Armed police pull one of the teenagers from the stolen Audi

TWO 15-year-old boys and a pair of 14-year-old girls were arrested at the end of a ten-mile high-speed car chase.

The foursome, in a stolen Audi convertible, were taken into custody after a firearms officer smashed the car window with his automatic rifle.

Police had approached the teenagers in Enfield, north London, following an earlier armed robbery. But they sped off, ramming other vehicles as they fled.

At least six patrol cars and a helicopter were involved in the chase, which ended when a spike strip was thrown in front of the Audi in Loughton, Essex.

Roadblock: Patrol vehicles catch up with the stolen car after a ten-mile chase

In video shot at the scene, the driver can be seen swerving and smashing into nearby vehicles.

The blocked-in Audi eventually comes to a stop and the firearms officer uses his gun barrel to smash the window.

Police can be heard screaming ‘get your hands up’ and ‘get on the floor’ before a youth is dragged from the front of the car. Three more youngsters are pulled from the back as the helicopter circles above. The two 15-year-old boys were arrested on suspicion of aggravated taking and driving away of a vehicle.

One was also held on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and the other on suspicion of robbery.

Two 14-year-old girls were arrested on suspicion of possession of a blade and allowing themselves to be carried in a vehicle taken without consent. All four were taken to police stations.

The Metropolitan Police said in a statement: ‘At approximately 9.25am on Saturday officers attempted to stop a car in connection with a knifepoint robbery the previous day. The vehicle failed to stop.

‘A pursuit was authorised with the support of the National Police Air Service. The suspect car collided with a number of vehicles before being stopped.

‘There were no injuries and the occupants were arrested.’