instagram envelope_alt facebook twitter search youtube_play whatsapp remove external_link loop2 arrow-down2

Cara Delevingne: Weinstein harassed me, wanting a threesome

‘Threatened’:
Cara Delevingne
on the catwalk
as Weinstein (circled) watches from
the front row
PICTURE: GETTY

BRITISH model and actress Cara Delevingne last night claimed she was sexually harassed by Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, as Bafta suspended the disgraced movie mogul.

The 25-year-old said he demanded a threesome with her and told her she was damaging her career by having relationships with other women.

Delevingne said the producer, 65, brought up sexual subjects during more than one business meeting and also tried to get her to kiss a woman in a hotel room while he watched.

She says she did not participate and left the room.

Delevingne later appeared in a film for the Weinstein Company but admitted: ‘I felt awful that I did the movie.’

In a follow-up message, she urged victims to speak out while suggesting abuse of women happens in every industry. Meanwhile, Britain’s Bafta organisation suspended Weinstein’s membership as he reportedly fled to Europe to seek help for sex addiction.

A spokesman said: ‘While Bafta has previously been a beneficiary of Mr Weinstein’s support for its charitable work, it considers the reported alleged behaviour completely unacceptable and incompatible with Bafta’s values.’

MPs urged prime minister Theresa May to revoke his honorary CBE and investors began pulling out of The Weinstein Company, which sacked its co-founder earlier this week.

Weinstein is facing claims he raped three women, including the Italian actress and director Asia Argento, 42.

Oscar winners Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie also said they have been forced to reject his advances, while Romola Garai and Jessica Hynes are other British stars to accuse him of harassment.

The Oscars Academy last night said the allegations were ‘abhorrent’ and announced it would meet on Saturday to discuss possible action.

The producer has appeared to accept he behaved inappropriately but his spokeswoman Sallie Hofmeister said: ‘Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr Weinstein.’

■ The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which hosts the Oscars, last night said the sexual abuse allegations against Harvey Weinstein were ‘repugnant’ and ‘abhorrent’ and announced they would be holding a meeting on Saturday to discuss any action to be taken.

Affleck says sorry for groping

BEN AFFLECK last night issued a public apology for groping an actress.

In a tweet, the 45-year-old Gone Girl actor admitted he ‘acted inappropriately’ when he grabbed Hilarie Burton’s breast on an MTV show in 2003.

Burton told well-wishers: ‘I had to laugh back then so I wouldn’t cry.’